Tulsa Changemakers- Power of Youth Program
The Power of Youth Program is designed for students in 6th -12th grade who want to make a positive change in our community. Through eight sessions, youth will learn critical skills in community advocacy, civic engagement, and impact. We will use those skills to act!
• Work towards positive change in your community
• Meet like-minded youth + connect with community members
• Boost your resume through community involvement
• 8 Sessions from 5:30-7pm on Mondays (Free Dinner provided)
• In-person at Leadership Tulsa (1151 S Elgin Ave, Tulsa, OK 74120)
• The program is free of cost
• Open to any student who lives in the Tulsa area in the 6th -12th grade
• Transportation will not be a barrier to access
• Fill out this Registration Form by January 23rd : https://rb.gy/0b8trm
Meeting 1: Levers of Power - January 30th Meeting 2: The Power of Public Speaking - February 6th
Meeting 3: The Power of Petition - February 13th
Meeting 4: The Power of Innovation – February 27th
Meeting 5: The Power of Protest – March 6th Meeting 6: Power Mapping – March 20th Meeting 7: Take Action – March 27th Meeting 8: Reflection – April 3rd
Meetings will be from 5:30 - 7pm (Working Dinner from 5:30-6) Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!